Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Got Them Ol’, Clothes-Don’t-Fit-Gotta-Lose-
Fifty-Pounds-Can’t-Refuse-
French-Fries, Low Self-esteem Blues.

Daddy’s frying taters, (da-DAH-da-domp)
Better get on outta town. (da-DAH-da-domp)
Ain’t never seen no tater,
That this poor girl won’t wolf down.

Yeah, I got the blues,
Got them low-down blues,
Got them low-down, pass me that Quarter Pound,
Low self-esteem blues.

Drivin’ by McDonald’s, (da-DAH-da-domp)
What’s that before my eyes? (da-DAH-da-domp)
Get thee behind me Satan,
And your box of Super-sized.

Yeah, I got the blues,
Got them low-down blues,
Got them low-down, make that a hash brown,
Low self-esteem blues.

Went shoppin’ this morning, (da-DAH-da-domp)
Bought a skirt just for fun. (da-DAH-da-domp)
Tried to put my two legs in,
But there’s only room for one.

Yeah, I got the blues
Got them low-down blues,
Got them low-down, I ain’t messin’ ‘round
Low self-esteeeeeem...ba-lu-uuuues.


(c)g.Slater2007

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 03, 2007 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Dale Argot said...

Gloria,

This comment is totally unrelated to the post. Thanks for stopping by my blog last night. You had some great thoughts.

Interesting you grew up in the south and moved north. I grew up north and moved south. I know all about those NY winters. We lived about 40 miles north of Albany.

We still tease our friends here when they say it's cold at 25 degrees. Nothing puts a spring in your step like -25 degrees. We still wonder when we will have a real winter here.

Blessings

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Bybee said...

I was singing along like crazy! And laughing...good thing I didn't choke on my Big Mac!
You've written the Song Of My Life!

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 11:59:00 AM, Blogger gloria said...

Hey bybee, glad you liked it. And thanks for stopping by.

I'm thinking we could get a whole choir going on this song. I'm sure there are enough of us.
And don't worry, I know the Heimlich Maneuver.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home