Saturday, February 03, 2007


"Yes, it's song time again, readers!"

This one goes out to everyone wearing a patch, chewing Nicorette gum, and eating lots of carrot sticks.
When you get the urge to light up, vocalize instead.
Sing it loud! Sing it proud!
I want you all around for a long, long time.

Jenny's Anthem
sung to the tune of Born Free
Smoke-free, as free as the wind blows
There’s new hair in your nose
Smoke-free, just might save your heart

Smoke-free, no blue haze surrounds you
Can’t let the ol’ monkey hound you
Each time you get in your car

Stay free, where no doctors chide you
You’re free as the roaring tide
No need to “step outside”.

Smoke-free, and life is worth living
The commercials weren’t kidding
Now you’re Smoke-free!

(c)g.Slater
clip art courtesy Rewind the Fifties

4 Comments:

At Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

Oh man! I love smoke free places! When my parents moved into their new house, Mom made a rule. My Dad can only smoke in the basement or outside. She cracked the whip with that one and I love it!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 11:03:00 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Netter,
Good for your mom. Maybe you can get your dad to sing this little ditty with you the next time he wants a ciggy. Get that man singing instead of smoking. Just think, if the whole world sang instead of smoked! Wow, I feel a Coke commercial coming on.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, la la la la la la..."

gloria

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 5:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...I feel the love! I'm holding strong and even felt the urge to hum a few bars of SMOKE FREE this weekend! Thanks for making me smile during this challenging time!

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 8:22:00 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Jenny,
Hey, right back at ya. But, I don't think humming will do it. You gotta really rip it. This has two purposes. No. 1. People will not notice the slight tremor to your detoxing body as you sing with gusto. No. 2. Forceful singing expels the oogy business from your lungs. You see. There's a method to my madness. Muuuwaahahahaha.

-g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home