Sunday, May 07, 2006


WOO-HOO!! I'M NUMBER TWO!!

That doesn't sound quite right, does it. Let me explain. Seems my editor at the Livingston County News thought enough of my column to enter me in the NY Press Association's yearly contest. I was awarded second place in our circulation division. That's where the WOO-HOO! comes in. Go ahead, try it, it's fun.

WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION ALERT!

If you'd care to see what the judges had to say, you can go to www.nynewspapers.com pg. 14, I think.
(preview: zany, wry and clever)

I apologize in advance for the NYPA's tiny print on the Adobe Reader thingie. You may send your ophthalmologist's bill directly to my editor.

3 Comments:

At Monday, May 08, 2006 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Danny Dunne said...

Gloria: I looked through all 28 pages, but didn't find it.

That's OK--I already knew you were zany, wry, and clever.

Congrats!

Danny

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 2:43:00 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Sorry, Danny, I've updated the post to include the page number. I'm new at this shameless self-promotion thing, so please bear with me while I work out the bugs. If you really have no further use of your eyesight, you will find the glowing remarks on pg. 14, I believe. On the right-hand side of the page, under Humor Column, Division 2.

gloria

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger Danny Dunne said...

Gloria: Thanks--I just kept on missing it. Here's the full text:

SECOND PLACE
Livingston County News, Geneseo
Gloria Slater
This writer brings a zany, wry viewpoint to everyday
situations in life. Her timing is excellent and I’m sure
her readers identify with some of the situations she
describes. The columns are well-constructed and
clever.

Are you going to send this to WWH? You really should, you know. If this is shameless self-promotion, bring it on!
Danny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home